RM Commando 1946 - present
There may be additional content elsewhere such as in our Photo Gallery and Forum.Displaying 1351 - 1500 of 1525
- May/June 1982 (Major) Officer Commanding Special Boat Squadron, Royal Marines .
- 1982 (Major) (SBS) appointed O.B.E. (Military Division) in recognition of service within the operations in the South Atlantic [2A].
Sgt. Steven Thornton was serving at the Commando Helicopter Force HQ at the time of his death.
London Gazette 57155, page S5.
Marine Paul Tierney died in service, cause not known to this archive.
Acting Colour Sergeant Matthew Tomlinson was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross in recognition of gallant and distinguished services in Iraq In 2005 .
Warrant Officer Class 2 Tomlinson, C.G.C., was awarded the Military Cross for gallant and distinguished services in Afghanistan in 2009 .
- 30 June 2012 promoted Lieutenant Colonel .
- 16 July 2018 promoted Colonel .
- 29 December 2018 appointed O.B.E. (Military Division) .
Corporal Charles Trott died during operations in Korea.
- Dominic Troulan, having retired from military service, was awarded the George Cross for saving lives during the Westgate Shopping Mall terrorist attack in Kenya in 2013 .
Marine Keith Tuck died whilst deployed overseas to Aden, cause of death not known to this archive.
Marine Leslie Turner, HQ 3 Commando Bde. RM, was killed during operations in the Gopeng-Kampar hills, Malaya. Also killed in the same incident was Marine Dennis Parr.
12 February 1946 (Acting Major) appointed M.B.E. (Military Division) for gallant and distinguished services in North West Europe .
- 19 October 1951 (Major) received a Mention in Despatches for gallant and distinguished services in Malaya .
Corporal Andrew Uren died during operations on the Falkland Islands.
- 1 October 2004 (Captain) promoted Major .
- 30 June 2012 ( Major) promoted Lieutenant Colonel .
- 1984 joined the Royal Marines as a university cadet entrant and passed out in 1988 with the Sword of Honour.
- 1988 appointed to 45 Commando Group and commanded a rifle troop and a mortar troop with operational tours in Northern Ireland and Iraq, and deployments to Norway and the Carribean.
London Gazette Supp. 58633, page 3613.
Marine Stephen Wakerly was attached to HMS Warrior, Northwood, at the time of his death.
- 11 May 2018 (Colour Sergeant) received the Queen's Commendation for Valauable Service in recognition of gallant and distinguished services in the field .
Marine Tmothy Waldron was serving at the Commando Training Centre RM at the time of his death. [Sources: AFM ROH / Navy News issue June 1980.]
Marine William Walker died during operations in Korea.
Lieutenant John Walter was awarded the D.S.C. during the Korean war for distinguished service in operations in Korean waters.
Colour Sergeant Richard Walton was serving at RMDIV Leconfield at the time of his death.
Richard Walton joined the Royal Marines in 1985 and served 2 days short of 20 years. During his career he served at Poole, 40 Commando, Commando Logistics Regiment, 42 Commando, CTCRM, and SBS. [Sources: AFM ROH / Navy News issue 1st June 2005.]
Marine David Ward was serving with HQ 3 Commando Bde. RM at the time of his death.
Major Jason Ward, UK Landing Force Command Support Group, died in a helicopter crash.
Marine Ronald Ward died in Palestine, cause of death unknown to this archive..
- 1992 New Years Honours (Warrant Officer 1) appointed M.B.E. (Military Division) .
Marine Walter Wellington died whilst deployed overseas with 42 Commando RM.
15 April 1986 (Colour Sergeant) awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland .
Corporal Brian Wemyss died in service, cause unknown to this archive.
Marine Kenneth Whitaker died whilst deployed overseas to Aden, cause of death not known to this archive.
Citation for DSO
- 1993 (Corporal)(now acting Sergeant) received a Mention in Despatches in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland (announced 11 May 1993) .
- 19 June 2000 (Colour Sergeant) appointed M.B.E. (Military Division) .
 AFM ROH.
 Andy Holloway. WO2 RM.
- 1 January 1948 (Acting Captain) appointed M.B.E. (Military Division) .
- 1952 (Captain) Mentioned in Despatches for gallant and distinguished services in Malaya during the period from 1st January to 30th June, 1952 .
RM Reserve Merseyside.
Marine Maurice Wilson died in service, cause unknown to this archive.
Marine Joseph Windall died following the crash of a RAF Nimrod MR2 aircraft in Afghanistan.
He joined the Royal Marines in November 2002, completing his training in June 2003. After a short period of time working at RM Stonehouse, Plymouth, he successfully completed a Signaller Class 3 course enabling him to be employed as a communicator in all parts of the Corps. Since completing this course Marine Windall had been busy deploying all around the world for training exercises and operational tours. [Sources: AFM ROH / MOD].
Colour Sergeant Aaron Winter died suddenly whilst off duty at Norton Manor Camp in Taunton
Corporal Danny Winter died in an explosion while taking part in a joint operation with a Danish Battle Group and the Afghan National Army north east of Gereshk in central Helmand. He was a member of a fire support team that was engaged in an operation to clear compounds in a known Taliban stronghold. Also killed was Captain Tom Sawyer of 29 Commando Regiment RA.