The Commando Veterans Archive management team is committed to protecting your privacy when using this website. This statement explains how we use any information you give to us and the ways in which we protect your privacy. We ask you to read it carefully. We treat any personal information (which means data from which you can be identified, including your name, address, e-mail address and the like) that you provide us, or that we obtain from you, in line with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) .
Personal information we collect
We collect the personal data that you volunteer to us (including but not limited to forum and gallery registration, association membership, military historical research, images, and in messages which you send to us. The personal data we collect will in some instances be specifically used to respond to an enquiry raised by yourself, and, in other instances (as described above) are used to allow us to develop our site in a way that will enhance the on-line experience of the greatest number of users. We may also, from time to time, ask you for, or enable you to provide, additional information so that we can improve our service to you or make your visits to our site more rewarding. There will be no obligation on you to provide this information.
Use and disclosure of personal and other information
We do not disclose your personal information to any third parties without your permission except insofar as you have consented to such disclosure or we are required to do so by law for information such as a court order, witness summons, or complaint from governmental authorities. We do not sell your information to other parties. We do however share some information with third parties when so requested, but this is restricted to specific photos and information in our Online Gallery where we have received requests for use of such information/photos. In all cases where we share photos/information, we will only do so if the use is deemed legal and appropriate. It is essential that you inform us of any change of contact details in case we need to contact you. We will only share information with organisations we have carefully selected and believe to be reputable. We may provide statistics about our customers to third parties on usage patterns and related site information, but we will not supply any personal information. Your personal information will be used only for the purposes of communicating with you in relation to our services, for assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer, or for any other purposes to which you have given your consent.
Accessing and browsing the Commando Veterans Archive web pages
In plain English
- We do not sell any personal information on you.
- We do not supply on demand any personal information on you, unless you have consented, or we are required by law to do so.
- If you provide a photo your name will be credited in the visible detail about the content of the photo.
- If you register and post a message on our Forum the detail will be logged and visible there.
- If we are asked, and it is deemed appropriate and legal, we may allow third parties to display photos you provide. These requests normally come from authors and media companies. We make no charge for such requests but do ask for a written credit to our website. Your contact details are not provided unless your consent has been sought and granted.
- The list of those who have registered is not published however forum users have a profile automatically created for them on registration. Registered users can edit their own profile after they register. Profiles are visible on any message created.
- Registered users can amend their profile by clicking on 'My Profile'. There are numerous options there including one for hiding your online status should you wish that.
The personal data you provide for registration can be removed at anytime by simply messaging us with a request to do so using the category ‘unsubscribe’. Please include your username if known. Once unsubscribed you will no longer be able to post on our Forum. [unsubscribe request]
UpdatesPrivacy Statement updated 17/18th May 2018.
Add your information
Registering on the Commando Veterans Archive, or on the Commando Veterans Association Facebook page, does not make you a member of the Association. The Commando Veterans Assciation needs your support and membership. Find out more here.