There may be content on individuals that is not listed here. If you do not find a name use the different Search options within the Site. Contact the Archive to have a name added.Displaying 1 - 36 of 36
Cyprus Emergency Deaths 1955-1960.
British Cyprus Memorial Trust Book of Remembrance.
- 27th May 1954 commissioned Lt. (Qr.Mr) in the Foresters .
- 29th January 1957 received a MiD in recognition of distinguished services in Cyprus for the period 1st July to 3lst December, 1956 .
- 2nd July 1959 promoted Captain (Qr.Mr.) Parachute Regiment .
- M.C. (A/Captain 43RM Commando) for gallantry, zeal and skill during the attack on Sarande and the seizure of the Island of Solta. [1 +2].
- 1943 (Acting Major)(40RM Commando) awarded the Military Cross for gallant and distinguished services in operations leading to the capture of Termoli .
12th February 1946 (Captain)(Acting Lieutenant Colonel) received a Mention in Despatches for gallant and distinguished services in NW Europe .
Lance Corporal Kevin Lock died in a traffic accident whilst walking in Cyprus.
- 1951 (Lieutenant Colonel) (42 CommandoRM) appointed O.B.E. for gallant and distinguished services in Malaya .
- Mentioned in Despatches in recognition of gallant and distinguished services in the Operations in the Near East at Suez, October to December, 1956 .
- 21 August 1942 (Lance Corporal) commissioned Second Lieutenant [1a].
- 1945 (Lieutenant) serving on the staff at the Commando Basic Training Centre [2a].
- 1945, 8 January, Commanding Officer 27RM Battalion .
- 1945, D.S.O. for gallant and distinguished services in North West Europe with 27 RM Bn. [1, 2].
- 1945, MiD in recognition of good services with the 21st Army group .
- 1954 December, Commanding Officer 45 Commando RM .
- 1955, Bar to D.S.O. during operations in Cyprus with 45 Commando RM [4,5].
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate. [FAQ's].