Hans Arenstein served under an alias of Harry Andrews. He was of the Jewish Faith and a member of 3 troop, also known as 'X' troop, of the inter allied commando. He was attached to 47RM Commando at the time of his death.
Lt Whenham and 33 ORs joined cdo. Lt Whenham posted to Q Tp.
11th August 1944
Lt Borne and 1 OR killed on enemy minefield.
- Nationality: German.
- Normal occupation: Locksmith.
- Present occupation: Trainee
- Address: Turners Court Colony, Benson, Oxfordshire.
- Employer: Under the care of the Movement for the care of children from Germany, Bloomsbury House, London WC1.
- Tribunal Decision: Full exemption from internment.
1940 interned at Hutchinson Camp, No.67014, under Circular 21.06.40 released 5 October 1940 Category 12*.
Casualty Lists / National Archives file WO417/77.
Police Registration Certificate - 'Male Enemy Alien - Exemption from Internment (Refugee)' / National Archives file HO396/165.
* Report of internment Oxfordshire Police / National Archives file HO396/245.
War Diaries on Pegasus Archive website.
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate. [FAQ's].