Exploring this Archive
- Our Archive [go to Archive....] has links to all Commando related content. Included are Rolls of Honour, and also our Nominal Rolls which are updated as and when we receive evidence of Commando service
- Our Forum [go to Forum....] has all the thousands of questions asked, and information posted, since the website came into being;
- Our Gallery [go to Gallery....] of over 11,000 images is one major part of the website. However there is a considerable amount of valuable information included elsewhere.
Searching the website content
The Google Custom Search box can be found at the top of Forum and Gallery pages. This searches the entire website.
The Gallery additionally has its own unique search facility. This will only search the already identified images in the gallery.
The Main Archive additionally has its own unique search facility. This will search all the content entered within there, any content listed on the links in the navigation panels at the side, and the thousands of pages included within it. This would include Rolls of Honour, Nominal Rolls, etc. It will NOT search the Gallery or the Forum.
- We do NOT hold Service Records.
- If you wish to provide information, or ask specific questions, whether on individuals, units, campaigns, equipment, insignia etc, please register and post a message on our website forum.
- Our website forums have expanded to be a very worthwhile and interesting research facility. They are administrated by Nick Collins, himself an experienced researcher into commando history, and many other researchers use the forums on a regular basis.
- Members of the CVA Research Group (CVARG) also monitor the forums daily and a member of this group will usually respond to any question when they feel they can be of help. Of course the forums are for information exchange and family members and friends also correspond through them with information and details where possible.
- The gallery contains over 11,000 photos of commandos and commando related events etc. The majority of these photos have never been seen before and have been supplied by, family members of, or former commandos. Administrator Pete Rogers has grouped the photos into albums covering various topics for ease of navigation.
- Many family members have discovered their relatives, fathers or grandfathers image in this gallery. For some it is the very first time they have seen a photo of their relative serving in the commandos. This is a most thrilling event for most people and provides evidence for them of what for some is a family rumour or story.
- Please browse the gallery and see what you can find. We are always trying to add names to unknown faces in the photos so if you spot a face you know simply register on the gallery and add a comment to the photo. Please be 100% sure and do not guess. If in doubt leave it out.
- If you have a photo you think may be of interest for our gallery, register on the forum and post it as an attachment to a forum message you create with the details about the photo and your connection to it if this is not already known to us.
- It will then be reviewed by administrators. A credit must be applied to photos in our gallery so include your full name.
- Photos must be under 1 mb or 1000kb's in size.
- If posting a resized image please add if you have a higher resolution copy available if needed.
- If you have information about the content of, or individuals in, a photo, register on the gallery, go to the image, and add your comment.
- Follow this link to go to the Website Gallery.
When reading documents on this site.
Add your information
Registering on the Commando Veterans Archive, or on the Commando Veterans Association Facebook page, does not make you a member of the Association. The Commando Veterans Assciation needs your support and membership. Find out more here.