Queens Own Cameron Highlanders (Liverpool Scottish)
Private Arthur Ashcroft, 5 Troop, was one of the Commando contingent on board HMS Campbeltown for Operation Chariot at St, Nazaire. He was wounded and taken prisoner of war after the raid.
- 25 April 1940 posted to 'X' Company 1st Liverpool Scottish.
- Volunteered for the Independent Companies.
- Attached to No 4 (Liverpool Scottish) Platoon of No 4 Independent Company based at the time in Paignton.
- February 1941 joined No 2 Commando 5 troop on its formation.
- Post war resided Liverpool 5 and was a regular attendee at the Warrington reunions.
- His death was announced in Commando Association newsletter 118 issued February 2004.
CVA Gallery images.
Photo of Commando in Gallery:
Ask questions / Add information
Use our Forum for research enquiries, or to add information or photos. [register now].
Your message will then be seen by our Research Group and the many knowledgeable members of our Forum. [FAQ's].
All content is researched and administered by the Commando Veterans Archive.