No 5 Independent Company
There may be additional content elsewhere such as in our Photo Gallery and Forum.Displaying 1 - 7 of 7
No.5 Independent Company formed from 56th London Division. Part of Scissors Force, a section of the British Expedition to Norway in May 1940.
Fusilier Ernest Ainsley, No. 5 Independent Company, died during operations in Norway as part of Scissors Force.
- May 1935 T.A. 1st Bn. London Scottish.
- Sept. 1939 embodied 1st Bn. London Scottish.
- April 1940 posted No.5 Independent Company.
- May-June 1940 posted N.W.E.F.
- Nov. 1940 - March 1941 - No. 1 S.S. Battalion.
- March 1941 to Oct. 1942 - No. 2 Commando.
Gunner Roy Flavell, No. 5 Independent Company, died during operations in Norway as part of Scissors Force.