Legion of Merit (USA)
There may be additional content elsewhere such as in our Photo Gallery and Forum.Displaying 1 - 7 of 7
Lieutenant Colonel William Dechow was appointed O.B.E. (Military Division) 31 December 2002 .
- 4 July 2006 (Acting Colonel) promoted Colonel .
- 21 June 2011 promoted Brigadier .
- Awarded the US Legion of Merit (Degree of Officer) conferred by the President of the United States of America in recognition of meritorious, gallant and distinguished services during coalition operations in Afghanistan .
Lieutenant General Sir James Dutton K.C.B., C.B.E., was awarded the Legion of Merit (Degree of Officer) conferred by the President of the United States of America in recognition of gallant and distinguished services during coalition operations in Iraq 
- 1978 (Lieutenant) received Mention In Despatches for distinguished service in Northern Ireland .
- 1980 (Captain) appointed M.B.E., in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland .
41 Ind. Cdo. RM
Major Ferris Grant, 41 Independent Commando RM, was awarded the Legion of Merit, Degree of Officer, decoration bestowed by the President of the United States of America, for gallant and distinguished services during operations in the Korean war.
In H.M. The Queen's birthday honours of January 1967 the then Major General Ferris Nelson Grant was appointed C.B.
London Gazettes Supp. 40253 page 4684.
London Gazettes Supp. 44210, page 2.
30 Commando Assault Unit
Colonel Raymond Humphrey Quill was a veteran of World War One and a former Commanding Officer of 30 Assault Unit.
- 28 March 1935 (Major) appointed Member of the Royal Victorian Order .
- 11 December 1945 (Lieutenant Colonel)(Acting Colonel) appointed D.S.O. in recognition of distiguished service during the War in Europe .
Acting Major Patrick Wall was awarded the M.C.  for bravery and great devotion to duty on 20/21st April 1945 whilst second in command of No.48 RM Commando and leading a patrol across the River Maas in the Biesbosch area of the Netherlands .
- He was also awarded the Legion of Merit, Degree of Officer, bestowed by the President of the United States of America, for gallant and distinguished service during the invasion operations in Italy and Southern France .
3 Cdo. Bde. Air Sqn.
Major Robert Patrick Willasey Wilsey received The Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service in the Air during operations in Northern Iraq and Southern Turkey .
Ask questions / Add information
Use our Forum for research enquiries, or to add information or photos. [register now].
Your message will then be seen by our Research Group and the many knowledgeable members of our Forum. [FAQ's].
All content is researched and administered by the Commando Veterans Archive.