Distinguished Service Cross (DSC)
There may be additional content elsewhere such as in our Photo Gallery and Forum.Displaying 1 - 14 of 14
- 22 December 1944 awarded a Bar to his Distinguished Service Cross for gallantry, determination and devotion to duty in the assault and capture of the Island of Walcheren the previous month .
Sub-Lieutenant Robin Coppock, RNBC 'C', was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for gallant and distinguished services and untiring devotion to duty in operations which led to the capture of Sicily by Allied forces.
London Gazette 36295, page 5540.
Beachhead Assault: The Story of the Royal Naval Commandos in World War II, author David Lee.
- 1943 (Acting Major)(40RM Commando) awarded the Military Cross for gallant and distinguished services in operations leading to the capture of Termoli .
12th February 1946 (Captain)(Acting Lieutenant Colonel) received a Mention in Despatches for gallant and distinguished services in NW Europe .
December 1943 (COPP 5) (Sicily) awarded a Bar to his Distinguished Service Cross for great bravery and enterprise .
 London Gazette 35622, page 2984.
 Beachhead Assault: The Story of the Royal Naval Commandos in World War II, author David Lee.
Lieutenant Mills was the Commanding Officer of a 22- man Royal Marines contingent despatched to South Georgia on 31st March 1982 to monitor the activities of a group of Argentines illegally landed on the island and to protect a British Antarctic Survey Team based there.
- 20 January 1941 (Acting Commander) appointed Distinguished Service Order for coolness, skill and devotion to duty while serving in the Mediterranean .
- June 1942 (Acting Commander) Mentioned in Despatches for gallant and distinguished service in the Middle East .
- 1943 Commanding Officer 11th RM Bn. .
July 1943 (Temporary Captain) (Acting Temporary Major) received a Mention in Despatches for good service in operations in the Middle East .
- 1944 (RNBC 'A' ) awarded a Bar to his Distinguished Service Cross for distinguished service in operations carried out in the face of determined opposition from the enemy, which led to the capture of the island of Elba .
Lieutenant John Walter was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for distinguished service in operations in Korean waters.
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate. [FAQ's].