Comacchio Company Royal Marines existed between 1980 and 1983 and was responsible for protecting the nation’s nuclear deterrent. It was later redesignated Comacchio Group Royal Marines (1983–2001) and then Fleet Protection Group Royal Marines in 2001. In 2012 it was formally redesignated again as 43 Commando RM.
Comacchio Group RM was responsible from 1983 for protecting the nation’s nuclear deterrent. It's predecessor was Comacchio Company Royal Marines. In 2001 it was redesignated Fleet Protection Group Royal Marines which in turn became 43 Commando RM in 2012.
-Formed in August 1943 as 43 RM Commando from Marines from the disbanded 2nd RM Battalion, the Commando saw service as part of 2 Commando Brigade until the end of the war when it was disbanded.
43 Commando RM was re–formed on the 5th September 1961 at Stonehouse Barracks Plymouth under the command of Lieut. Col. Willasey-Wilsey MBE,MC,RM.  and remained operational until disbanded again at Eastney on the 1st October 1968 .
Mne. Bailey was serving with Comacchio Group RM at the time of his death.
Marine Richard Moule was serving with Comacchio Coy. RM at the time of his death.