Fort William & Spean Bridge Remembrance Parades
Friday 9th November 2018
- 14.00 hours – Lochaber High School concert for the CVA presentation of Commando Certificates of Merit. *(see below for transport).
Saturday 10th November 2018
- 09.00 hours – Sight seeing trip of interest. *(see below for transport).
- 16.00 hours – CVA Annual General Meeting in Alexandra Hotel.
- 20.00 hours – Raffle, Auction and social evening in the Alexandra Hotel. (all donations gratefully received).
Sunday 11th November 2018.
- 10.30 hours – Fort William town remembrance parade and service. Marchers assemble on town car park at 10.15 hours. Dress code where possible blazers, beret and medals. Remainder assemble by the Town War Memorial.
- 14.30 hours – Marchers assemble in the layby on the A82 Gairlochy Road. *(see below about transport).
- 15.00 hours – Commando Parade and service at Spean Bridge Commando Memorial.
* NB – A coach will be laid on from the Alexandra Hotel to Lochaber High School, sight seeing trip and Sunday afternoon parade for a small donation to help defray the cost ie. £3.00 per head return and £5.00 for the sight seeing trip. It would help tremendously if you book seats through the Secretary in advance in order to book adequate transport. Fred Davies [email protected] .com
Memorial HistoryTo learn more about the history of the Commando Memorial follow this link to our Commando Memorial History.
Ashes and PlaquesThere are agreed guidelines for the scattering of ashes and laying of plaques at the memorial. [view guidelines]
Rooms at the Spean Bridge Hotel can be booked on 01397 712250.
The discounted rate is for paid up CVA members only. You should bring your membership card with you for verification where needed by hotel staff.
Add your information
Registering on the Commando Veterans Archive, or on the Commando Veterans Association Facebook page, does not make you a member of the Association. The Commando Veterans Assciation needs your support and membership. Find out more here.