Fort William & Spean Bridge Remembrance Parades
Friday 8th November 2019
- 12.00 hours – Lochaber High School concert in honour of the Commando Association. Presentation of certificates to pupils.
Saturday 9th November 2019
- 09.30 hours – Sight seeing trip of interest. *(see below for transport).
- 15.00 hours – Commando Association Annual General Meeting in Alexandra Hotel.
- 20.00 hours – Raffle, Auction and social evening in the Alexandra Hotel.
Sunday 10th November 2019
- 10.15 hours – Fort William town parade and remembrance service. Marchers assemble on town car park. Dress code where possible blazers, beret and medals. Remainder assemble by the Town War Memorial.
- 14.30 hours – Marchers assemble in the layby on the A82 Gairlochy Road. *(see below about transport).
- 15.00 hours – Commando Parade and service at Spean Bridge Commando Memorial.
Memorial HistoryTo learn more about the history of the Commando Memorial follow this link to our Commando Memorial History.
Ashes and PlaquesThere are agreed guidelines for the scattering of ashes and laying of plaques at the memorial. [view guidelines]
Rooms at the Spean Bridge Hotel can be booked on 01397 712250.
The discounted rate is for paid up CVA members only. You should bring your membership card with you for verification where needed by hotel staff.