Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG)
There may be additional content elsewhere such as in our Photo Gallery and Forum.Displaying 1 - 5 of 5
Lieutenant Gerald Jackson Bryan, RE, was awarded the Military Cross  for his gallantry during Operation Exporter, the battle of Litani River [view]. He was seriously wounded and lost a leg during this action .
Major John Martin Carruthers Garrod received a Mention in Despatches in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland during the period 1st August 1973-31st October 1973 .
- 17 June 1978 - 9 November 1979 Commanding Officer 40 Commando RM .
- 15 April 1980 (Colonel) appointed O.B.E. (Military Division) in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland during the period 1st August to 31st October 1979 [2A].
- 7 May 1987 (Major General) promoted Lieutenant General .
Lieutenant Colonel William Nichol Gray was awarded the Distinguished Service Order  whilst Temporary Major (Acting Temporary Lieutenant-Colonel ) of the Commando .
Lieutenant Donald Murray served in 41RM Commando and the RM Holding Commando during WW2. In 1946 he joined the Foreign Office.
- 1962 Head of Chancery, Saigon.
1973 Donald Murray, lately Counsellor, H.M. Embassy, Tehran, appointed C.M.G. .
1974 -1976 Ambassador to Libya.
Acting Colonel Andrew Salmon received the Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service in recognition of gallant and distinguished services during operations in Sierra Leone in 2000 .
- 31 December 2003 (Colonel) appointed O.B.E. (Military Division) .
- 15 December 2006 (Brigadier) granted permission to wear the Bronze Star Medal conferred by the President of the United States of America in recognition of gallant and distinguished services during coalition operations in Iraq .
Ask questions / Add information
Use our Forum for research enquiries, or to add information or photos. [register now].
Your message will then be seen by our Research Group and the many knowledgeable members of our Forum. [FAQ's].
All content is researched and administered by the Commando Veterans Archive.