Territorial Decoration (TD)
There may be content on individuals that is not listed here. If you do not find a name use the different Search options within the Site. Contact the Archive to have a name included.Displaying 1 - 21 of 21
- 19 November 1939 commissioned Second Lieutenant, Welch Regiment .
- 25 August 1947 (Welch Regiment) (2nd Lt. ) (War Subs. Lt.) promoted Captain, Royal Scots Fusiliers .
- 1 April 1952 (Royal Scots Fusiliers) awarded the Territorial Efficiency Decoration .
- 1 May 1952 promoted Acting Major .
- 31 October 1954 (Major) (Royal Scots Fusiliers) to King's Regiment .
- Former Troop Leader of 'E' troop No. 12 Commando [1a].
- 2 June 1943 (Captain)(Temporary Major)(Acting Lieutenant Colonel) appointed M.B.E. (Military Division) .
Captain Richard Hooper was awarded the Military Cross for his gallantry during operations at Scaletta Sicily on the 16th August 1943. He had previously taken part in operations at Vaagso and St Nazaire. During the latter he was in charge of an assault squad on motor launch ML 156, wounded, and evacuated back to the UK.
On the 21st September 1951 it was announced that Capt. (Hon. Maj.) R. H. Hooper, M.C. of the King's Regiment had been awarded the Efficiency Medal Territorial.
- 28 June 1955 (Captain) (Acting Major) (King's Own) awarded the Territorial Efficiency Decoration .
- 27 March 1958 (King's Own T.A.) promoted Major with seniority from 1 May 1947 .
(The following is from the Times obituary.)
LIEUTENANT David Sutherland and Royal Marine John Duggan were the only two to return from Operation “Anglo”, a raid on the Italian-occupied island of Rhodes by the Special Boat Service in September 1942. The SBS team was pursued relentlessly; it had attacked two airfields and destroyed aircraft positioned to support Rommel’s threatened advance on Cairo and to bomb supply convoys to beleaguered Malta.
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate. [FAQ's].