DRYSDALE, Douglas Burns
- Appointed M.B.E. for gallant and distinguished service in Burma whilst attached to the Allied Land Forces, South East Asia, during the period 16th November, 1944, to 15th February, 1945. .
- Mentioned in Despatches for distinguished service while operating with the Army in Burma and on the Eastern Frontier of India .
- Acting Lieutenant Colonel Douglas Drysdale M.B.E. was the Commanding Officer of 41 Independent Commando RM at the start of the Korean War.
- May 1951 appointed a companion of the Distinguished Service Order. .
- May 1955 awarded the Silver Star bestowed by the President of the United States of America for gallant and distinguished service in operations in Korea. .
- June 1959 appointed O.B.E. .
- July 1961 promoted Colonel. .
The death of Colonel Douglas Burns Drysdale, DSO., OBE. (HQ 3 Bde and OC, 44 RM Cdo) of Thetford, Norfolk, was announced in Commando Association newsletter 91 issued August 1990.
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate. [FAQ's].