The 'Old Comrades Association of the Special Service Brigade' was formed on the 20th June 1943 at the Commando Basic Training Centre, Achnacarry.
Their first newsletter in February 1946 announced a change of title to 'Old Comrades Association of the Army Commandos."
In March 1950 their newsletter No.10 noted the decision by the Committee to in future simply refer to the association as the 'Commando Association', adding that their full descriptive title would remain in their records and accounts.
Some 60 years later that most esteemed Association made a decision to stand down, holding their Stand Down Parade and Drum Head Service at Portsmouth on 18 September 2005.
However some members wished to continue as a group and had already formed a new Association in 2003 titled the 'Commando Veterans Association'.
In 2019 the 'Commando Veterans Association' made a decision to redesignate their title to 'Commando Association'. This change was implemented on 1 June 2019.
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Use the Archive Forum for research enquiries, or to add information or photos. [register now].
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate.
All content is researched and administered by the Commando Veterans Archive.