Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath (KCB)
There may be content on individuals that is not listed here. If you do not find a name use the different Search options within the Site. Contact the Archive to have a name included.Displaying 1 - 13 of 13
- April 1978 (Lieutenant Colonel) appointed Commanding Officer 42 Commando RM .
1979 (Lieutenant Colonel) appointed O.B.E. (Military Division) in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland during the period 1st August 1978 to 31st October 1978 .
- 1978 (Lieutenant) received Mention In Despatches for distinguished service in Northern Ireland .
- 1980 (Captain) appointed M.B.E., in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland .
- 17 June 1978 - 9 November 1979 Commanding Officer 40 Commando RM .
- 15 April 1980 (Colonel) appointed O.B.E. (Military Division) in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland during the period 1st August to 31st October 1979 [2A].
- 7 May 1987 (Major General) promoted Lieutenant General .
- M.C. (A/Captain 43RM Commando) for gallantry, zeal and skill during the attack on Sarande and the seizure of the Island of Solta. [1 +2].
- Commissioned Second Lieutenant, Manchester Regiment, on the 1st March 1941 .
- Lt. Grindrod relinquished his commission on the 26th July 1952 and was granted the honorary rank of Captain .
- 1943 (Acting Major)(40RM Commando) awarded the Military Cross for gallant and distinguished services in operations leading to the capture of Termoli .
12th February 1946 (Captain)(Acting Lieutenant Colonel) received a Mention in Despatches for gallant and distinguished services in NW Europe .
- 16 May 2016 promoted General and to be Vice Chief of the Defence Staff and Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty The QUEEN .
- Appointed C.B. 13 June 2015 .
- Bar to D.S.O. in recognition of gallant and distinguished service in Afghanistan .
Lieutenant - awarded the Military Cross for gallant and distinguished service with 40 Commando RM in Malaya during the period 1st January to 30th June, 1952 .
Captain - awarded a Bar to the Military Cross for gallant and distinguished service whilst Commander of 'L' Company 42 Commando RM during a hostage rescue operation at Limbang, Sarawak, on the 12th December 1962 .
- 1945, 8 January, Commanding Officer 27RM Battalion .
- 1945, D.S.O. for gallant and distinguished services in North West Europe with 27 RM Bn. [1, 2].
- 1945, MiD in recognition of good services with the 21st Army group .
- 1954 December, Commanding Officer 45 Commando RM .
- 1955, Bar to D.S.O. during operations in Cyprus with 45 Commando RM [4,5].
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate. [FAQ's].