GARROD, John Martin Carruthers
'3 Commando Brigade, Royal Marines'
40 Commando RM
Honours & Awards:
Major John Martin Carruthers Garrod received a Mention in Despatches in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland during the period 1st August 1973-31st October 1973 .
- 17 June 1978 - 9 November 1979 Commanding Officer 40 Commando RM .
- 15 April 1980 (Colonel) appointed O.B.E. (Military Division) in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland during the period 1st August to 31st October 1979 [2A].
- 7 May 1987 (Major General) promoted Lieutenant General .
- 31 December 1987 (Lieutenant General) appointed K.C.B. (Military Division) .
- 20 August 1990 to Retired List .
- 31 December 1998 (Diplomatic and Overseas List) Lieutenant General Sir John Martin Carruthers Garrod, K.C.B., O.B.E., lately Head of the Office of the High Representative of the European Union in Mostar, former Yugoslavia, was appointed C.M.G. .
 London Gazette 46240, page 3533.
 London Gazette 48156, page 5621.
[2A] The Light Blue Lanyard, author Major J.C. Beadle MBE, MC, RM.
 London Gazette 50907, page 5854.
 London Gazette 51171, page 2.
 London Gazette 52254, page 13849.
 London Gazette 55354, page 3.
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Use the Archive Forum for research enquiries, or to add information or photos. [register now].
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate.
All content is researched and administered by the Commando Veterans Archive.