- 23 April 1941 after volunteering for the Independent Companies he was posted to No 4 Independent Company and later took part in the landings at Bodo Norway as part of Scissor Force.
- February 1941 attached to the newly raised No 2 Commando attaining the rank of Sergeant by the time it was disbanded at the end of the war. He served in 5 Troop.
- 13 September 1943 wounded during operations at Salerno Italy whilst Lance Sergeant of 'A' Section, No.1 Sub Section of 5 Troop.
- Post war served as a Sergeant in the The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders, Territorial Army.
- 29 December 1959 awarded the British Empire Medal (Military Divsion).
Notebook of LSgt Joe Rogers MM (5 Troop).
Curator of the Liverpool Scottish Museum.
Casualty Lists / National Archives file WO417/67.
CVA Archive images and detail.
London Gazette 41909, page 27.
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate. [FAQ's].