Army Commandos by Mike Chappell
- Title: Army Commandos 1940–45
- Authors: Mike Chappell
- Publisher: Osprey Publishing
- Published Date: 1996-09-15
- Description: The period from early 1940 to the end of 1942 was a time of gloom and uncertainty for the British, who stood alone against the assembled might of the Axis powers. They badly needed a champion, and were to find this in a small force of soldiers who inspired them with a series of daring raids against the coasts of 'occupied Europe', becoming the heroes of the British public and of the British Prime Minister who had created them. This title explores the wartime history of the British Army Commandos whose bravery did so much to raise the morale of the British public during World War II (1939-1945).
- Identifier: 1855325799 | 9781855325791
- Page Count: 64
- theme_hook_original: google_books_biblio
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Use the Archive Forum for research enquiries, or to add information or photos. [register now].
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate.
All content is researched and administered by the Commando Veterans Archive.