BORWICK, Michael George
Temporary Captain (later Lieutenant Colonel)
Unit / Base:
Royal Scots Greys, Royal Armoured Corps
Monday, March 27, 1916
Sunday, April 20, 1986
- 25 February 1941, Kastelorizzo, Captain, 50 Middle East Commando, engaged in Operation Abstention .
- 28 March 1941, Geneifa, Captain, 'C' Company, 'D' Bn., Layforce .
- 2 June 1941, Crete, Adjutant 'D' Bn. Layforce (50/52 Middle East Commandos) reported missing, later confirmed prisoner of war [3a][3b].
- Mentioned In Despatches for gallant and distinguished service in the Middle East .
- 1 May 1957 (Lieutenant Colonel) (Royal Scots Greys) retired from military service .
- Post war member of the Middle East Commando Historical Research Group .
- Member of the Commando Association residing Dalry, Ayrshire .
- Deputy Lieutenant of Ayrshire [6a].
 The Middle East Commandos, author Charles Messenger.
 52 Middle East Commando War Diary 28 March 1941.
 Casualty Lists / National Archives files WO417/2 and WO417/9.
[3a] Prisoners of War / National Archives files WO392/1 and WO392/11.
[3b] German Record Cards of British POWs / National Archives file WO416/36/25 (Oflag 10C).
 London Gazette 35821, page 5438.
 London Gazette 41060, page 2652.
 Commando Association newsletters 74 (1982) and Obituaries in 83 (1986).
[6a] The Peerage website.