Association members attend a presentation ceremony at Elmwood Junior School Croydon to present two selected pupils with the George Knowland Certificate. The certificate is awarded for Selflessness and Community Spirit and commemorates former pupil at the school, Lt George Knowland VC, No1 (Army) Commando.
- The Commando Association hold a small parade with the In-Pensioners and Commando Veterans, followed by a service in the Hospital Chapel complete with Chapel choir, then refreshments and a buffet lunch. The event is for Commando Association members and Commando veterans only and is organised by the Commando Association with the assistance of the London branch.
- The Commando Association hold their annual summer pilgrimage to the Army Commando Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum, Alrewas. This event is for Commando Association members and Commando veterans. Contact the National Secretary for more.
- Each year over Remembrance weekend Commando Veterans, serving Commandos, their families, friends and supporters, gather together at the Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge, to remember the Fallen and those who have passed with the passage of time.
- This event takes place in Whitehall on Remembrance Sunday. An allocation for attendance is made by the Commando Association. Members wishing to attend should contact the National Secretary, Peter Oxley email: [email protected]Register your interest early
- This is a short, small and informal annual Service on the Saturday of Remembrance weekend at the Combined Services Memorial located within The Cloisters at Westminster Abbey. Commando Association members or Commando veterans who wish to attend should contact the National Secretary. Email [email protected]Visit the Abbey's own website page for the Memorial [HERE].
- The Field of Remembrance opening at Westminster Abbey. Admission is by ticket only. Whilst this event is not organised by the Association they do receive an allocation of tickets. The allocation is for Commando Association members and Commando veterans only. To avoid disappointment please apply early to the National Secretary.
Email [email protected]
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Use the Archive Forum for research enquiries, or to add information or photos. [register now].
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate.
All content is researched and administered by the Commando Veterans Archive.