Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)
There may be additional content elsewhere such as in our Photo Gallery and Forum.Displaying 1 - 55 of 55
Charles Jack Coleman served in No. 1 Commando and 1 Commando Brigade..
- 1 January 1965 (Major) appointed O.B.E. .
- 17 December 1972 promoted Brigadier 
- 18 February 1974 (Brigadier) appointed an Aide-de-Camp to The Queen .
- 11 June 1977 (Major General) appointed C.B. .
- 7 April 1978 (Major General) to retired list .
Lieut. Bill Etches served with No.3 Commando during the Lofoten and Vaagso raids in Norway 1941, and on the St Nazaire raid in France, 1942. During Operation Chariot at St Nazaire Lieut. Lieut. Etches was assistant to Capt. Montgomery, RE, supervising demolition parties in the dry dock area.
- M.C. (A/Captain 43RM Commando) for gallantry, zeal and skill during the attack on Sarande and the seizure of the Island of Solta. [1 +2].
- 1951 (Lieut. Col. 42 CommandoRM) appointed O.B.E. for gallant and distinguished services in Malaya .
- 1957 (Brigadier 3 Cdo. Bde. RM) appointed D.S.O. for gallant and distinguished services in the Operations in the Near East, October to December 1956 .
 London Gazettes Supp. 39215, page 2389.
 National Archives file WO 373/129/121.
- 16 May 2016 promoted General and to be Vice Chief of the Defence Staff and Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty The QUEEN .
- Appointed C.B. 13 June 2015 .
- Bar to D.S.O. in recognition of gallant and distinguished service in Afghanistan .
Lieutenant - awarded the M.C., for gallant and distinguished service with 3 Commando Brigade in Malaya during the period 1st January to 30th June, 1952 .
Captain - awarded a Bar to the M.C., for gallant and distinguished service in operations in Brunei during the period 8th to 23rd December 1962 .
Extract from Commando Association Newsletter 55 of September 1972
- 1948 (Major) Mentioned in Despatches for gallant and distinguished services in Palestine during the period 27th March, 1948 - 30th July, 1948 .
- 1 January 1954 (Lieutenant Colonel) Appointed O.B.E. (Military Division) .
Lieutenant Patrick Ovens served for a period at the CBTC and is shown in a photo entitled "Commando Basic Training Centre - Officers Mess - 1945."
He joined 46RM Commando shortly before it was disbanded.
Post war he served as a Captain with 41 Independent Commando RM in Korea being awarded the Military Cross in 1951 for " gallant and distinguished service". 
- July 1963 to November 1964 Officer commanding 45 Commando RM. The Commando was deployed in Aden, then Tanganyika (Tanzania) and, then on operations against rebels in the Radfan region. 
- 13 June 1964 Lieutenant Colonel Stevens MC was appointed OBE. [3
- 1984 joined the Royal Marines as a university cadet entrant and passed out in 1988 with the Sword of Honour.
- 1988 appointed to 45 Commando Group and commanded a rifle troop and a mortar troop with operational tours in Northern Ireland and Iraq, and deployments to Norway and the Carribean.
Charles Edward Vaughan, born 1893, was originally attached to No.7 and No.4 Commando before taking up his role as the Commandant of the newly formed Commando Depot (CBTC) at Achnacarry.
George Wheeler, a pupil of Godolphin School, Wiltshire, graduated as a BSc from Exeter University. He married in 1941. After enlistment he volunteered for the Commandos and was attached to No 2 Commando