There may be additional content elsewhere such as in our Photo Gallery and Forum.Displaying 151 - 198 of 198
- Ist January 1994 (Corporal) commissioned Acting Lieutenant (SD) .
- 29 June 2015 (Warrant Officer Class 2) Immediate Regular Commission (late entry) The Parachute Regiment rank of Captain .
- 7 September 2004 (Warrant Officer Class 2) received the Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service in recognition of gallant and distinguished service in the field during the period 1st October 2003 to 31st March 2004 .
- 29 December 2007 (Warrant Officer Class 1) appointed M.B.E. (Military Division) .
London Gazette Supp. 55303, page 12073.
Sergeant Ivor Swain died during operations in Northern Ireland.
Ivor Swain was a well respected Sgt in 8 Alma Commando Battery, 29 Commando RA. He was killed when his Land Rover patrol was called out to investigate a reported incident. They drove into a blacked out articulated lorry which had been deliberately parked across the road with a white stripe painted up the side so that it looked like the road itself.*Sources AFM ROH * James Walton, 95&29 Cdo.
- May/June 1982 (Major) Officer Commanding Special Boat Squadron, Royal Marines .
- 1982 (Major) (SBS) appointed O.B.E. (Military Division) in recognition of service within the operations in the South Atlantic [2A].
- Dominic Troulan, having retired from military service, was awarded the George Cross for saving lives during the Westgate Shopping Mall terrorist attack in Kenya in 2013 .
- 1 October 2004 (Captain) promoted Major .
- 30 June 2012 ( Major) promoted Lieutenant Colonel .
15 April 1986 (Colour Sergeant) awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland .
Citation for DSO
- 1993 (Corporal)(now acting Sergeant) received a Mention in Despatches in recognition of distinguished service in Northern Ireland (announced 11 May 1993) .
- 19 June 2000 (Colour Sergeant) appointed M.B.E. (Military Division) .
- April 2000 (Sergeant) received the Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service in recognition of gallant and distinguished services in Northern Ireland during the period 1st April to 30th September 1999 .
- 2 April 2008 (Warrant Officer Class 1) promoted Captain in The Parachute Regiment .