South African Forces
There may be additional content elsewhere such as in our Photo Gallery and Forum.Displaying 1 - 7 of 7
- June 1945 Lieutenant Fouche joined 44RM Commando 'A' Troop in the Far East .
- 6 August 1945 Kharakvasla, India, wounded by grenade shrapnel during practise assault landings and night exercises .
Lieutenant William Layman, SA Forces attached to 4 Special Service Bde., died during operations at Walcheren.
Lieutenant Gordon McKenzie, SA Forces attached to 4 Special Service Bde., died during operations at Walcheren.
- Awarded the Military Cross for "gallant and distinguished services in operations in North West Europe." .
- In 1945 Lieut. Thomas MC served at the Commando Basic Training Centre .
- Post war he returned to South Africa.
Citation for the Bar to his Military Cross for gallantry whilst attached to No 2 Commando during operations at Spilje, Albania on Operation Healing 2:
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate. [FAQ's].