'Depot Commando Training and Holding Unit'
The Middle East 'Depot Commando Training and Holding Unit' came into being mid December 1940 and was formally established at Geneifa beside the Great Bitter Lake under the command of Maj. D.W. Melville MC on the 25th January 1941.
Its role was to provide training and reinforcements for 50, 51, and 52 Commandos who were all deployed at the time, and also as a Holding Unit for Commandos.
Ask Questions / Add Information / Add Photos
Use the Archive Forum for research enquiries, or to add information or photos. [register now].
Photos will be reviewed and added to the Archive if appropriate.
All content is researched and administered by the Commando Veterans Archive.