Honours & Awards:
Acting Major Henry Dowlen, RM Reserve, received the Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service in the field during the period 1 January to 30 September 2015 .
- Surg. Lt. H. T. B. Dowlen, was initially Commissioned on 1 July 2002 and appointed to the Trained Strength of the Royal Navy Medical Branch on 18th February 2008 .
- Appointed M.B.E. (Military Division) (45 Commando Medical Officer) in recognition of gallant and distinguished service in Afghanistan during the period 1 October 2008 to 31 March 2009 .
- 1 April 2011 Surg. Lt. H. T. B. Dowlen MBE, (C039771X), to Retired List on completion of Career Commission .
- 19 September 2012 entered RM Reserve in the rank of Acting Captain, H. T. B. Dowlen MBE, (C039771X) .
- 1 October 2015 promoted Major .
Major Dowlen had two deployments to Afghanistan as Royal Navy Surgeon Lieutenant – in 2008 and 2010. In 2015, now serving with RM Reserves (London), he spent seven months working in two Ebola response centres in Sierra Leona helping to tackle the spread of Ebola. He was attached to the Combined Joint Inter-Agency Task Force, headed by the Department for International Development and consisting of military and civilian personnel .
London Gazette Supp. 61529, page 6083.
 London Gazette Supp. 58702, page 7606.
 London Gazette Supp. 59182, page 15639.
 London Gazette Supp. 59784, page 9238.
 London Gazette Supp. 60312, page 20795.
 London Gazette Supp. 61405, page 21994.
 Royal Navy News online 22 July 2015.
Ask questions / Add information
Use our Forum for research enquiries, or to add information or photos. [register now].
Your message will then be seen by our Research Group and the many knowledgeable members of our Forum. [FAQ's].
All content is researched and administered by the Commando Veterans Archive.